Jul 27, 2011

A different birthday.

Today is Ali Ghazi birthday. A guy from Iran.


Ta-Da~! The birthday boy.

We have been planning for his birthday since last week. 
Sounds good huh?A group of good friends planning a sweet birthday for the birthday boy. 
NO~!NOT AT ALL! The "we" I mean are Ali and me.NO doubt.
The birthday boy and me are planning for his OWN birthday. *Moreover,I am helping because he is asking.
Anyway, this is the culture of Iran. 
Kind of different culture,that was my thought at that time.

At last,we decided to celebrate his birthday in Neway,Timesquare.
By the time we (9people in total) reached and checked-in to the room.Ali asked me a question that I stunned. Really stunned.
"Hey,Shin Wee.Do you know where can I get a cake in here?I haven't buy a cake for celebration."
What?!Unbelievably I stared at him,for few seconds.
A BIRTHDAY BOY IS BUYING A BIRTHDAY CAKE,FOR HIMSELF?!
VERY different culture! that was my thought at that time.

I decided not to tell him anywhere to buy a cake,instead,I make it into a small small surprise.
I waited for Kah Yen arrival and we went to bought a blueberry cheesecake for him.
The cake was kept by the cashier and in the middle of song singing,they sent in the cake.
Ali looked a bit surprise.The candles on cake doesn't revealed his real age too.
Well,maybe this is the reason he felt surprised for.
He might expected to see 28 candles. *Opps,I don't mean it.

We left at 6 and went home separately. Kah Yen, Hyun Jin and Wan followed my car.
Yen and me had a real great time learning Korean while Jin and Wan had a real great time laughing at ours,especially Yen's Korean.
Hers pronunciation sounded like Korean's dialect which is used by people at my papa's age!
Shame on you,Yeak Kah Yen! 
Dropped The Koreans and we went home.
We created our own language while on the way to Yen's home.Combination of all languages we know!
Persian,Chinese,English,German,Cantonese,Korean,French,Italian and more!
We have a great laugh from that.Love it!

Not actually deciding to write anything in here today,originally.
But I find out a lot of funny things that make me wonder.
The world is huge, the populations is enormous, the culture is different, yet, we are still living as one.
Even the world with billions of populations and billions of mindset can live together,but why can't a married couple stay happily ever after?Why can't siblings stop fighting each other?

This is what I realised, we have similarities among distinct culture!
*applause! come on~ applause please.
Family,friends,school,work,love,money,power.
The same old topic that have been repeating centuries ago.
How people handle it and talk about it?
This come back to the billions mindset I mentioned.
Different ways of coping make what we call a culture.

I am always dreaming to be a backpacker when I graduated university.
I am always yearning to learn culture from other countries.
I am always imagining how fun it will be to see different dancing and costumes from all over the world.
Now,until today I realised. The real culture of a country is neither the dancing nor costume.
The language and especially WAYS OF LIVING are far more interesting.
So, I change my dream.
I am going to work and live in all around the world after I graduated university.
Learning more ways to cope with those similarities among distinct.
Wish me luck!
*whisper: good luck,peep!


SHOULDN'T BEEN LAUGHING!!!ANY SIMILARITIES IS PURELY COINCIDENT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment